Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tank Shaming

I get a real kick out of the "dog shaming" photos shared everywhere. Some of them are completely awesome...unless they happen to you, then not so much. Tank does a lot of adorable things, but sometimes they're overshadowed by superbly annoying things. In early puppy-dom, he chewed up two pairs of Danskos, six pairs of heels, and the top of my favorite Anthro boots. The funny thing, is that before Tank, I would've been so irritated by a dog eating my shoes. After Tank, I'm like "oh, shoot...bummer". My family thinks that maybe I might be on "the crack", but apparently Tank can do no wrong. Baloney...if Tanker had a shaming sign, it would look something like this:
No shit...everything. Pillows, dirty laundry, dog beds, blankets, every piece of furniture in the house, on the carpet behind the door, and on top of Mommy while she's sleeping. Yes, that just happened. Here's a "oh, so humble" photo of Tank after he peed on the bed and Mommy had to clean it...and try to dry it out before bedtime. Doesn't he look sorry?
I'm pretty sure I wasn't that mad, mostly just irritated. Especially when he pulls the "hold my hand, I'm sorry" stuff...
As I'm looking through photos of Tanker, I see way too many "oh shit, Tank peed on this" photos. Am I a big, sappy Mom with no discipline? Probably. Hmm...wonder if this is proper training for an actual child?
 

1 comment: